I was looking high and low for a review on this tent before i bought but found none. Took the plunge and got it anyways because its cheap.
WHY I BOUGHT THE GELERT SCOUT 2 TENT?
I have not camp before and i dont intend to do much camping in the near future. I had 2 trips coming up which involved camping, so i planned to buy a cheap one instead of investing on an expensive tent.The tent cost RM85 (around USD25). And its small when its packed up.
– It’s small and light to carry
– It’s cheap!
– Easy to set up
– It’s a bit too small for 2 man tent. I’m 5′ 4″ and it fits me just nice…alone. Anyone taller will find it a little too small and it’s definitely super cramp for 2 person.
– There is not enough ventilation and air flow. When it’s cold, its great to block wind, but when there is 2 person inside, there is not enough ventilation. Not great for warm / hot weather.
– Condensation! The tent becomes wet inside after a night because there is only 1 layer. There isn’t a “sun fly” cover or enough mesh for ventilation, so the walls of the tent becomes wet.
– The tent manage to survive 2 heavy thunderstorms. However, it water leaked in at the sides where the seams are sewn.
Additional note : I also cover the tent with a tarp on second night of thunderstorm, being afraid that water might leaked in while i sleep! I think that helped a little.
It’s a tent for kids. Its great as a “play” tent, but nothing serious. My advice, don’t buy it. I was about to throw it away if in the event my luggage is too full or overweight. But i guess the tent stayed on haha